Sunday, May 15, 2005

PINK FLOYD..

I am rediscovering this band.. had heard lots of their songs before..but hadn't really paid a lot of attention to their lyrics.. Now i am practically hooked onto their songs.. Incidentally i have a CD with ALL their songs on it..and have been actually travelling with it everywhere..I have been taking it out on my rides too..am also shuttling it between office and home :)
Like all things my fav songs also keep changing (evolving??)..So initially it was "Coming Back to LIfe" This song had a strange appeal to me..the first time i listened to this song i could picture this highway stretched into the distance.. where i could see the road for many a mile ahead..and even knee-length-yellow-grass fields on both sides..and dusk setting in slowly.. as a biker..that scene is nothing short of pure bliss..
Next on the list was "Learning to Fly"..another awesome composition by them..This too somehow fell into the "biker song" category..and am all gaga over the lyrics..
..and now i found"Lost For Words"..In the last week i must have played this song at least a 100 times..yesterday i had this song playing in loop mode for about 3 hours straight!!The lyrics and the tune are just so transcedental..

I was spending my time in the doldrums
I was caught in a cauldron of hate
I felt persecuted and paralysed
I thought that everything else would just wait

While you are wasting your time on your enemies
Engulfed in a fever of spite
Beyond your tunnel vision reality fades
Like shadows into the night

To martyr yourself to caution
Is not going to help at all
because ther'll be no safety in numbers
When the right one walks out of the door

Can you see your days blighted by darkness?
Is it true you beat your fists on the floor?
Stuck in a world of isolation
While the ivy grows over the door

So I open my door to my enemies
And I ask could we wipe the slate clean
But they tell me to please go fuck myself
You know you just can't win


..I have been warned against listening to too much of the floyd "psychedelic" stuff..but just can't help it..and yes there is definitely nothing to beat Floyd on my discman while on my weekend biking trips ..at least for now...

No comments: