Tuesday, October 05, 2004

make a wish...

This fact had enamoured me alot when I was a kid. I always wanted to feel that kind of power when you could wish for something. And I was always waiting for somebody to grant me my rightful three wishes. The best part was that I had already planned what I would ask for. it was not money or any such thing..
I had decided to keep saying" I wish for 3 more wishes" from morning to dusk..and I would have wishes to last me a lifetime..Me and my naievity....This always made me wonder why none of the stories I read at the time had never had such a wish in them..This someow would inflate my ego and I would feel very clever, that i had thought of something no author had thought of until then..and this would be my secret....


While I am at wishes..I am not normally a superstitous person, but always used to succumb to the eyelash-wish one. In this, if you happenend to shed an eyelash and somebody saw that waywatrd eyelash still sticking to your face..they would put it on the back of your hand..you would then have to close your eyes..make a wish..and blow it. If it was gone when you openend your eyes..you would get your wish..And I always have wished for a bike, every one of those times...recently a friend of mine happenend to chance upon an eyelash that had parted ways with me..and subjected me to this wish thingie..and guess what??? I wished for a bike, even though it has been the good part of a seven months since i own it..made me realise how much i wanted this bike...

No comments: