Saturday, October 02, 2004

Philosophizing.....

Just had this weird thought..

If all the soothsayers and our Pandits can see the future, then has it already occured? For them to see something, I guess it should have happenend.So, if the future has occured, are we living in the past? Then what would present mean? Nothing i guess. Or maybe you can consider the present as just one fleeting second, because the neaxt second would make this the past...
If the future has occured, then what is the point trying to change it? and if they had seen the future in the past, then would they have seen themselves trying to see the future?
Isn't it futile then that we have some practices, to help us change our future? Can we really change it? What if my future was to live to a hundred and I commit suicide someday..would that be like throwing the spanner in the works of the Supreme one? would my future affect some other futures as well.What if I was to buy some vehicle or some other commodity and I wasn't around to do so. What would happen to it. Or to make it more personified, what if I was to marry and have kids and wasn't around till then. What would happen to them? What would happen to the future kids?? wouldn't it be like cutting off the lives of lots of people.
I think that if you want to change your future, you would be responsible for that of a few more people at least. in your existence you would obviously come across a lot of people and touch their lives in some way or the other, and vise-versa.
So, with so many possibilities, Can we really say that we can change the future?????

And while I am at this, I really can't understand this theory of re-incarnation, heaven, hell, re-birth until you attain Nirvana. The theory goes that you have to be a good soul and only then you will have a gate-pass to heaven and would not have to endure earth. If this is so, then why does our population increase. Considering all of us are sinners, the population still would have to be a constant right?? Or is our earth like some intermediary stage in this whole gameplan between heavan and hell????

Things like the above are what have made me an atheist. I believe that all these myths and religions and GOD were created so that we humans had a moral code that we followed. Our ancestors were very clever people, who saw the need for such fears, such as GOD, heavan, hell. and such things, to be instilled in us. They made these rules to keep us from treading a path that would harm us in the long run...We do not give our ancestors the credit they deserve..We have all been just twisting their rules to suit our personal needs and that is the cause for unrest in so many of us...I believe that our ancestors had a thought process much superior to ours and were mush more open to ideas. how else do you explain the kama-sutra being born here, and now every bit of such a thing is considered taboo, and if you even utter the related words, you are branded a pervert. I might even be branded so, for even daring to post such an opinion. But, what the hell, it is my blog....

I guess I should stop my philosophising, before I am labelled as some weird guy....

No comments: