Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Vroooooomm

Last week i had to run an errand for my dad..i had to collect some dues at his previous clinic...I jumped at this, since the place was a good 40 km away and I would get a chance to ride my bike too..to top this, the weather looked pleasant enough for a ride..So..I set off in the morning,thinking it would be along day, but had finished all my work by noon..Thinking this might be too early to return home I thought I'd ride back through devanahalli, to be able to add around 20 km to my ride back home..It would also involve going through some good rural roads with a good lush, green view..I reached devanahalli and saw a signboard poiting the way to Nandi Hills..and guess what?? I decided to ride there..Always thristing for a ride....yes that's me..It was one impulsive decision that i thouroughly enjoyed..
The ride up the mountain road was exhilerating as I was scraping my footrest at every other curve...There were hardly any traffic and the view from the hill was just too good. Reached the top of the hill and stoppped for a break..the parking attendant was gaping at the bike and I sat down on a bench near him..bought a guava and was munching away on it..He thought i was expecting some more people to turn up and so was just killing time..his jaw almost dropped when i told him that i would be heading back in another 10 minutes..the look he gave me said it all..he even gave me a discount on the parking fee...apparently, the only people who come here are couples or people who want to spend time drinking and looking at the view..It was definitely not the nandi hills I remember as a kid...

The ride back was pretty uneventful, except for me bruising some pulsar guy's ego in front of his girl..The road was just amazing and i was testing the top-end of my bike..there was this group of couples' "ripping away to glory"(as we bikers like to say)..The leader of the pack was concentrating hard and was at full throttle..and must have been doing close to a 100kmph..imagine the surprise he got when i honked behind him and passed him at close to 120kmph..i happenend to look and i saw the girl giving an envious glance..that about summed it up..and the poor guy's bruised ego must still be recovering...

This impusive ride has started me thinking and i think I will visit my hyderabad friend next week..but I think i have to ride alone as my riding partner, Sourabh has his exams coming up and I will not be in bangalore by the time he is finished with it..but this ride is something i am looking forward to.....as usual..

No comments: