Monday, January 03, 2005

Happy New Year...

Happy new year.. Man this new year I had a blast.. It was one long party... The night was as close to being the perfect party as possible.. Did not have too much to drink..Danced till I could dance no more.. Ogled at some awesome looking girls..was ogled at..ha ha just kidding..(I know I am not ogle-material)... basically had a lot of fun and rounded it all off with some cofffe before heading home at 7:00 in the morning..

The last month has generally been a fun filled time for me..I have been having long holidays thanks to the yearly shutdown...This gave me a lot of options..just to summarize..I have watched a few movies..though I am to see Swades and Raincoat as yet.... Went on a couple of day trips to Ranganthitto..and Devanhalli..Been out with the guys playing some snooker and going home late most nights.. and lots more..

I had been cooped inside the office for nearly a year and these past few weeks allowed me to catch up with a lot of stuff I had been missing on.. I met a lot of old friends and made some new ones...The advantage now was that like before, I did not have to rush off midway, and had all the time to pursue conversations...this was something i had been missing out on, for some time.. I even managed to read some good books and realised how little I knew about our nation's history.. definitely want to change this.. I have now promised myself that I shall make some serious efforts to know more about the history of our country and all the religions that we have..especially Hinduism.. I believe my atheism stems from the fact that i have not read much of our literature or maybe i have closed my mind towards it..


I think I am ready to draw up my new year's resolution list..so here goes..

1) Learn more about our country's rich history/culture.. We get to see & hear this more from the foreigners who visit us, than from our brethern..Want to explore this through our books and definitely want to see the length and breadth of our country some day..

2) Be more open to ideas from others and not dismiss them.. Need to think from the other person's perspective too.. I seem to always try to see their world from my eyes.. Every body's world differs and I think i need to be more sensitive to that

3) listen more and talk less... that way I should be able to avoid some foot-in-the-mouth scenarios

4) travel more.. our state has a lot to offer.. It has not been projected as much as it should have..

5) Shed some of the fat I have been accumulating...definitely need to lose weight..especially those hoopla rings around my waist...

6) make more time for friends and family..not rush through( and definitely not into) relationships..

..well this sums up most of what i need to do..lets see how i cope with these...Should be much easier to achieve than Nirvana...

As a parting though I had this weird idea about life.. We have actually successfully divided our lives into 2 hemispheres.. One which involves our work environment and the other inculdes everything outside this.. The working hemisphere is essential to earn a livelihood and keep the other hemisphere alive.. The other hemisphere is where we satisfy the soul with pleasures..maybe spiritual..or materialistic..or just the pleasure of living out our relationships and enjoying our lives... Now the working hemisphere needs the other hemisphere to be able to look forward to the next day..and the other hemisphere needs the working one to be able to fulfil its needs.. the problem starts when one of them starts encroaching into the other..well I guess you get the drift..
Simple philosophy ain't it..or maybe this could even be a socially accepted "multiple personality disorder"??


..anyway HAPPY NEW YEAR...


No comments: