Monday, February 07, 2005

Is it too late??

Today was such a friggin cold day.. I almost didn't make it to office..So you must have guessed by now that this would not be the best time to mess around with me... So right when I need something to perk me up I see this mail..
This was a letter my friend has written to a girl he has had a crush on... he's doing this 5 years after meeting her...He is living in another city and felt he owed it to her that he let her know how he felt... And all this coming from a guy who i knew was like me.. not that great at expressing emotions.. at least mouthing them.. I can see that a very big effort has gone into writing this...
So here goes...


Hi *****,
How are you doin….? this mail is going to be kinda lengthy so plzz be patient……
Well I guess u must be thinking …..wht next…..???…i mean there is this guy whom u hardly know……(whose voice u can’t even make out…J ..!!)and all of a sudden out of the blue from nowhere …one fine day he calls you up …. starts sending u msgs…….mails etc…!!! Right (pestering u wud be a better term…).
I mean if I was in ur place I wud be really wondering why some guy whom I met 5 yrs back…..tht too hardly 3-4 times and
to whom i haven’t even spoken for the last say 3 years…… suddenly calls up n starts being friendly….n nice to me…..
Well you know wht **** first of all don think I’m sitting n writing all this becoz I have nothing better to do in life ….
if u notice the time n day of the mail u will see tht it is A SATURDAY EVENING n I’m sitting in office ……
(well tht’s becoz my project has started n I have loads of work in fact it’s the first time I’m sitting in office on a sat evening …)
N I don know how ur going to react after reading this mail….u might not even talk with me ……or u might get really pissed of with me…
( tht is if ur not already becoz of all the SMS’s I keep sending….tht too late at night…)
Well You know what **** in all our lives there are some people n incidents that we can never forget no matter where we are or what ever we are……N for me …..
You ***** is one such person …..(I probably should have told all this 4 years back …but I guess better late than never…..)
I really don know wht to write ….. …..
Even though u hardly know me I know so much abt u (off course no prizes for guessing from whom..) I really had a big crush on you from the very first time I met you ……there are 2 things that really made me like you a lot apart from the fact tht ur a wonderful human being … your eye ‘s they are just so beautiful ..( no I’m not copying sharukh khan…..) I truly mean wht I say …..
& your Non stop talking .!!!! it so nice to just listen to you talking ……believe me or not i really have never liked any other girl as much as I liked you…..
don worry I don expect anything back ……...
but I never told u anything becoz first of all I was shy n secondly i really did not know wht u would think…..
So it is not tht one fine day from no where all of a sudden i remembered you …..you have always been there in my mind.…….
But it was just that i felt at least I should let a person whom i like so much know abt it (even if they don like me …)
becoz may be few years down the lane even if I want to i will not be able to let them know it…… (if not now then when …)
I guess u must be thinking wht is wrong with this guy ………
Neither is my language nor style of writing tht great n never in my life have i wrote a mail like this to any one….
N I don think i will for some time ……
( I have never felt like this about any other girl. ….) So all this might sound like very adolescent stuff
N don worry I will not disturb you in anyway …. if u don like it becoz
If you love something, let it go. If it comes back, great. If it doesn't, it's probably having dinner with someone more attractive than you. ;-)
but always remember ,
Somewhere there's someone who dreams of your smile, So when you're lonely, remember it's true: somebody somewhere is thinking of you.
I don expect anything from this mail ***** ,but just to let you know what I feel about you…. …
Well I guess thts about it…… n ha in my eyes you truly are the one of the most beautiful persons i have ever met…….
Thanks for ur patience I don know whether u will reply or sms me again but i surely hope ur not tht mad at ..me …..
Hope as they say is one of the few really good things in life……….
--#####

" To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world "


I do not think the others who read this may appreciate this as much as I did..because they don't know the protagonists.. and the efffort that has gone into this..

Keep checking this space.. Will let you know what happenend after this mail was read...

1 comment:

Rk said...

this prooves that it is never too late. I really appreciate the guy and also the girl. Good boy and good girl...Sometimes it is all easier done than we think. I wish this person was my friend, I like surgeries you see :)