Tuesday, July 13, 2004

The Heist

" Get your hands off that alarm B****"
Why the hell do these people have to try and be heroes? Why can't they do what they are told?
"Now keep your hands where I can see them. What are you staring at me for? Now fill that bag with all that money."
Ha ha. with this mask on, she'll never recognize me. She looks pretty nice though. Ok that's enough distraction for now.
" And all the rest of you, as long as you keep yourself pressed to the floor you can be sure you are all going home fine"
Man I have had it with this life. I just don't want to run anymore. If only I had gotten some education, my life would have been like these blokes lying on the ground here.Why did I have to run away from school? And the street taught me all that I didn't need. Actually I needed all those skills to survive. Ironically that is what keeping me alive today.Bit of bad luck though, getting caught back when I was at that other posh bank 4 years ago.And prison definitely was not a welcome change. That was when I knew I did not want to carry on living like this anymore.The others would not understand my anguish on visiting days. I never had any visitors. All my acquaintances were limited to a gig I was doing at that time. They would then share the loot and part ways.
No. I definitely want to settle down. No more crime.
" Hey you fatboy keep your head down if you want to continue seeing life tomorrow"
Whew! that was close. Lost concentration for just a second and that fat guy there had almost got away with his bravery.I better concentrate on this gig, especially if it is gonna be my last one.I guess I should be able to invest all this money in a nice city where nobody has heard of me.Getting married at this age might be a problem. Well, the money should definitely take care of that.Oh no there I go again. dreaming is not good now.
Hey! Why's taking this lady so long.

" Give me that bag now and get down on the floor"
"Nobody move and nobody gets hurt. Hey you start counting to 500. Loudly."
" Anybody moving before he gets to 500 loses their head. GOT it. Louder, fatboy"

Ah! Freedom at last. Now just keep your cool. Ditch the mask and walk like everything's normal.
Passed the corner safely. Now I just need to get to the bus-stand across the road and I should be safe.No more running after this. When is this blasted signal gonna turn to green?
Ah! just a few more steps now.

"Hey you watch out for that lorry"
" AAAAAAH"

No comments: