Saturday, September 18, 2004

Freedom

It's been so long since I have gone on a ride. Did a one-day trip few weeks ago, but it is just not the same. The wind on your face, the long stretchesof lonely road, the amazed looks of people on the road..They make the ride so meaningful...I hope to be riding this weekend, hopefully to Pondy, and if this doe not happen, I think I will visit my relatives in mangalore... When riding I absolutely love the wind rushing through my hair. But this does not happen often enough since I need to wear a helmet most of the time. I love to ride without the helmet, but safety does come first...It is just too good when you stop at some dhaba for tea, and when you look at the odometer you see that you have covered more distance than you had planned..Most of the time when I stop somewhere and people come over to have a look at the bike and start asking questions about it,the first question invariaby is " What's the mileage?"...This has happened without fail..my answers vary between 15-50 depending on how gullible my audience is...
There are a lot of other thing that make you love the ride...It is something that has to be experienced to be appreciated..
Someday I want to be able to ride to the Himalayas..see ladakh..and even upto Marismek-la..the highest motorable road in the world.... But until then...It is just gonna be

Miles and miles to ride before I sleep (Robert Frost)


No comments: