Monday, August 16, 2004

Follicle folly

Today was going to be the day that i was gonna snip my looong hair.. Yes! it was indeed a sad day for me ..Making up my mind I set off to the saloon. The place is named "Well done". Is that being modest or what.. Today I was going to do this no matter what.. Since it was a monday and all normal folks were getting ready to set off to work, I had first choice of the seats there... Saw a mild mannered fellow and settled down in the chair that he was managing.. In a sad voice I told him to cut me hair to a sane length..
He took the pains to untangle my hair and combed it neatly and every strand was in place.. Ah how nice my hair looked. My resolve was getting weaker by the minute...I wanted to just jump off the seat and go home..I was beginning to feel vey depressed that all my effort at growing my hair so loong was gonna meet these scissors now.. I had to keep telling myself to just get through with it. It was getting more painful by the minute.. Wonder what the barber would have done if I had jumed off the chair and run home..
As I was putting myself through this torture he asked me if it was alright to trim it just half an inch or would I want more...You bet buddy I am not letting this chance go ..I told him to cut as little as possible..The pooor fellow started snipping slowly, like he would hurt my hair if he cut any faster. Guess he was making it loook worth the 20 bucks I was giving him... Man was I happy. It must have been some divine intervention that saved the day for my hair...Was I thankful for this or what.. My next experiment with my hair is gonna be after a month..hopefullly then I go through with it..or maybe not..

No comments: